Values and Beliefs
Jesus’ Vision for New Hope:
Be the Church without Walls
We strive to be a group of transparent believers who Jesus uses to make more and healthier Jesus disciples everywhere we go.
The Values of New Hope:
We accomplish this vision by daily checking our DNA (Acts 2:42-47; 1 Cor. 13:13):
- Are we loving Jesus (Divine Truth – “listening/loving and following/obeying Jesus”)?
- Are we becoming like Jesus (Nourishing Relationships – “as you go make disciples”)?
- Are we sharing Jesus (Accomplishing His Mission – “be my witness”)?
The Beliefs of New Hope:
- We believe the Bible is the sufficient and complete guide for faith and practice and is the final authority in all that is said and done, which means that in order to be a healthy believer who experiences all that Jesus has for them, one must take all of life’s experiences through a biblical filter. The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God; it is without error in the original writings; and it is the complete and final written revelation of God.
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three Persons (a singular plurality) – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – Who are coequal in their essential nature, attributes and perfection; and each of Whom is to be honored and worshipped as God.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God the Son, the promised Messiah, begotten in the flesh by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, without sin, true God and true man, the only Savior and the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe the death of Jesus Christ paid for all sin, completely satisfied the righteous wrath of God against sin, and provided redemption and forgiveness for all who believe. After His death, Jesus Christ arose bodily from the dead, was seen by many during a period of forty days, and then ascended into Heaven to appear before God as our Advocate and Intercessor from which place He will someday return to establish His Kingdom on earth.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is God, Who convicts men of sin, causes spiritual birth, indwells, seals, sanctifies, guides, equips with spiritual gifts, teaches, fills the believer so that they may walk in obedience to God in His Word, and with Whom Christ baptizes all believers into the body of Christ at the moment of salvation.
- We believe the physical and material universe was created by God. Man was created by God in His own image, but sinned through his personal disobedience to the revealed will of God; and as a result, all humanity is sinful in nature and practice, is unable to save itself and faces eternal separation from God.
- We believe salvation is the free gift of God’s grace. This salvation is not received by nor based on any sacrament, merit or good work on our part. True believers can never lose their salvation.
- We believe salvation is received by one’s personal faith and belief in who Jesus Christ is and what He alone did for us, which means giving up reliance upon oneself and surrendering to Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming back before the Time of Jacob’s Trouble (aka Tribulation) to remove His Church, the Bride, to heaven. Following the Time of Jacob’s Trouble, a period of seven years, He will return to this earth with His saints and angels to rule and reign for 1,000 years after which “eternity future” follows.
- We believe baptism is not essential to salvation but is an act of obedience, the answer of a good conscience toward God and is practiced through triple immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in standing for the truth that sets people free while accepting people where they are at on their journey as the Spirit changes their life from the inside out.
- We believe worshipping God is a lifestyle choice. Through our words, actions, thoughts and prayers, we express our adoration to our LORD.